Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30,2008

Dear Family,
Greetings from
Philadelphia "Home of the world series champion the Philadelphia Phillies." Last night at about ten o’clock, I was writing in my journal when I heard screams from every which way. For a few moments I was confused about what was happening, but I then came to my senses. Elder Ulrich and I heard the roar of loud fireworks confirming our assumption that the Phillies had won. For a few moments, Elder Ulrich and I sat inside and wrote the momentous occasion down in our journals. However, when the fireworks did not subside, our curiosity got the best of us and we decided that we would go outside to watch the celebration. We walked up the stairs and out the door. When we arrived outside, however, we saw no fireworks. Yet we heard loud explosions. Puzzled we stood looking at the sky wondering where these fireworks were. Perhaps they were invisible fireworks, or ones that were not working properly. For another few seconds we stood in confusion. I then realized that the fireworks we heard were not fireworks at all but rather firearms that were shooting off rounds. Immediately, elder Ulrich and I looked at each other and ran back into our home. "And the gunshots red glare. The bombs bursting everywhere, gave proof through the night that the Phillies were there."
Yes, it appears that the curse of the
William Penn tower has been broken. In 1982 a tower was erected that surpassed the Penn tower in height. Since that point in time, no major Philadelphia team had won a championship. However, this year, about two months ago, the Comcast Tower was finished. On the very top of the tower, there lies a small statue of William Penn, thus allowing the curse of William Penn not to be broken but rather to have William Penn once again be the tallest man in Philadelphia.
Well, times up I love you all.
Sincerely
Elder Evans

No comments: