Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Thursday, September 25, 2008

September 11, 2008

Dear family,
Greetings from Northeast Philadelphia "where the family still exists." Truly there is a great divide between those that I taught in Wilmington and those who I now teach. Where I was stationed in Wilmington the likelyhood of finding a family was about as likely as finding a leprechaun or a unicorn. However, here in the Northeast, we run into families every day. I am quite certain that 95% of Wilimington lived on Welfare. In the Northeast everyone has a job.
This week has really picked up teaching wise. It started off very slow and I was quite discoraged. Me and my companion were going through a hard time but you know as Joseph Smith always said "when life gives you tar and feathers... make a pillow and pave a road," and that is exactly what we did. In the past week we have found eleven or twelve new investigators. We are finally teaching families which is something that I have wanted to do since I came on this mission. It really is amazing to see how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses all walks of life. None of the investigators have made it to church yet, but we plan on having at least four investigators at church (which will be an amazing feat for our newly opened area).
I was also fortunate enough to go on an exchange with one of my favorite missionaries in the mission field, Elder Moorehead (who is also the missionary in the picture that Dana [one of elder mooreheads investigators] sent you). He really is a great guy and if I head to BYU I plan on rooming with him and Andy Romney. Our exchange was quite wonderful.
Elder Covington, however, seems to be going through a difficult time. He seems very stressed out. In fact President Murray payed him a visit yesterday. Since that point in time he has been doing much better. Still pray for him though.
I really haven't had any funny or spiritual experiences in the past few weeks so I apologize. If this continues don't be surprissed if I start making up crazy experiences just to entertain you. The last time I had boring weeks I prayed to God and asked him to bless me with exciting experiences that I could write home about, he then blessed me with Perry Davis. I hope that I can write a better email next week.
Mom You never told me about Bradfords shoe size.

No comments: