Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Thursday, September 25, 2008

September 4, 2008

Dear Family,
Greetings from Northeast Philadelphia "where the door bells actually ring and the people sing." Surprsingly in the area where I now am in the door bells actually work. Its great. it makes me very happy.
This week has been a very good week. I am grateful for all of your prayers on all my behalf. They do sustain me. I know that they do. I believe it with all of my heart.
Throughout this world there are numerous trials that all individuals have to suffer through and throughout my life, especially during my mission, it has unfotunately been my responsibilty to witness these individuals and the trials they go through. For the past transfer, I have been working with two young children by the name of Kenny and Mike Macindo. From birth the boys have been reared up on a fathers harsh tongue and a mothers drinking addiction, spoonfed the bitter dish of neglect from craddle to the present moment. Since their youngest days on earth the boys were forced to grow up fast. Their childhood had been sacrificed because of their parents selfish decision to go after their own interests rather than hearkining to their responisibilities as a mother and father. The carefree life of a yongen has been unfamiliar to the boys. They were forced to fend for themselves and they continue to do so.
Last transfer the bishop requested us to pay a visit to the children and see if we could convince their father Kenny Sr. to have his kids baptized into their church. At the present moments the courts had ordered Kenny to live with his mother (who happens to be an active member of the church) in order to assure the childrens protection. Sister Macindo is a wonderful individual yet she is old. Her bones are feable and she cannot prevent Kenny from ruling over his family unrighteously.
Tuesday we went over to the macindo house hold and tried to once again persuade kenny to allow his children to be baptized. When we arrived Kenny was already in a rage. Screaming at the top of his lungs at his children. When he saw that we were in his home he stopped for a moment and greeted us with a calm hello. As our conversation continued with him he began to yell at the children again. this time with threatingings of abandoment and harsh discipline.

I have to go right now but there is more to the story my time is almost up. I will write the rest to you. Love you guys.

No comments: