Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March 10, 2008

Greetings from Wilmington Delaware "where women have beards." On Tuesday I was lucky enough to try an African dish known as Fu Fu. It tasted and looked like a steaming pile of white turd. I can't even explain how horrid it was. However, I managed to eat all of it and the lady sent out the second course which was a two week old cold fish and some delicious rice. It was not my favorite dish but as I ate both of these African delicacies I thought to myself "this is what the mission is all about. Eating dirty food that might kill you and teaching the gospel of christ."There are many things that Romulus Jones is good at. One of these things is being funny. Another is being a nice guy. However, if there is one thing he is not good at it is cutting hair.This morning Elder Toolson asked me to cut the back of his hair. I said no but he insisted. A bad job would not describe what I did. It is a mess. Luckily he hasn't looked at the back of his head in the mirror but when he does I am sure we won't be on talking terms.

No comments: