Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Monday, March 24, 2008

March 24, 2008

I have been contemplating many things in the past week and I have come to some conclusions. First, If you are a pacific Islander you can be one of three things, an awesome muscian and singer and whistler, a football player, or an alcoholic. Second, once you have drunk cobra beer and have smoked a Newport Cigarette there is no turning back. You are confined to a life long sentence of being lower class. Your hair immediately shapes to the form of a mullet. Your teeth will fall out. Your house will foreclose and you will live in the streets. Third I have decided that pet fish are nothing more than a really expensive screen saver. Yesterday was Easter. To say I was homesick would be a grave . I was desperately missing my family. I was also very mad at Elder Toolson because he made me go outside and tract at ten oclock on Easter morning. It was a very unproductive three hours of tracting and I was even more depressed then I had been before. We made our way to our car and then started driving to church. While driving we saw a man in a wheel chair with no legs in the middle of the street. After passing him something told me that I should go back and help him out. Reluctantly I told Elder Toolson to turn around and go back to help this man. He agreed. We asked what his name was and where he was going. He replied Robbie and he was going to the Sunday breakfast mission which was about two miles away. As I began to push this lame man a feeling of peace and happiness came over me like nothing I had ever experienced before. In some small way I understood what Easter meant. I thought to myself "We are all lame individuals pushing our way to a far off destination. We are all in need of a savior who can walk with us and push us as we travel to our destination." It was then I understood why I had chosen to serve a mission. It was not for the experiences that I would recieve. It was not for the number of baptisms I would or will have. I am on a mission to do good. I am on a mission to push a lame man to his destination. I am on a mission to help people. I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve this mission. It has done so much for me.
Elder Toolson and I had a knife pulled on us this week. We were in the middle of a street contact lesson when the man we were teaching pulled out a knife and told us to get the Flip (not the real word he used) out of hear before something has to go down. I ran like a girl and Elder Toolson kept on Teaching him like it was no big deal. He also gave him a pass along card. Elder toolson is nuts like that. This week we also witnessed an accident and a lady had to get put on a stretcher with a neck brace. Elder Toolson tried to give her and the ambulance krew a pass along card with our number on it.

No comments: