Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Monday, March 17, 2008

March 17, 2008

Greetings from Wlimington Delaware home of Dupont and thats about it. I am amazed at how nothing good has ever come from Delaware. It really is hard to imagine that such a state can exist. Mom to answer your questions no one feeds me execpt for a West African family that gave me the fu fu. Elder Toolson and I cook for ourselves. He is staunchly oppossed to any and all fast food because it is against the word of wisdom (Which I am fine with because it keeps me lean and good looking). And the only excercise I ever get is lifting a four hundred pound black lady named Lucille into a van every Sunday. There is no way that I can excercise immediately when I get up. Its just not in me. I have jogged a couple of times, but the cold and humid Wilmington air leaves my lungs hacking and coughing in search for oxyegen.
On Wednesday we were walking down the street when a large lady who was reminiscant of a giant hairy sesmi street character named snufaluffagus asked us what we were doing in the middle of Wilmington. When Elder Toolson replied missionary work she said thats decent (which means really good in Philly WIlmington lingo). Elder Toolson then asked if she wanted to come with us and do missionary work and suprisingly she said yes. For the next three hours she went around passing out cards and book of mormons telling everyone that the second comming drew near. She then left. We saw her at church yesterday which was very suprising. She lives in another area and the missionaries there have taught her a first and will commit her to baptism tommorow. Hopefully she will be a good strong ward missionary one day. As soon as we get rid of her fascination with baptist doctrine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROMNEY, i still love the way you describe people and every other situation you're in hahahahaha. it's eric if you haven't realized yet, but then yeah, 1) i emailed you along time ago, but i guess you don't receive the emails, and 2) yoru blog spot didn't work for the longest time till now, but NOW THAT it does i can speak to you, kind of. man i want to know all the exciting things that have gone on out there. tell me how i can reach you, sincerely, MASTER P.