Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Monday, March 3, 2008

March 3, 2008

Greetings from Wilmington "the land where the streets are paved with broken glass bottles and garbage." Alot has happened in the last week and I dont know if I can cover all the things that I want to.I believe that I was sorely mistaken when I said that Wilmington was the worst part of the mission. Wednesday was retraining and I was able to see what my friends from the mtc were experiencing. It is a thousand times worse than anything I've been through yet. The urban landscape in north philly is littered with bullet wholes, gangbangers, and condemned ro homes. There is about a murder a day in West and North Philly, which alone makes Philadelphia the most dangerous city in the United States. Elder Richins told me that he hears shootings every day all the day. Roaches just chill in everyones houses and it is not unusual to have a roach or two climbing on your body. Elder Moorehead told me that he was in the subway and was sitting next to a girl. When the subway started to go she immediately started punching herself in the face and then ripped off a piece of her own flesh. I can't wait to go there. I am so excited. The letters I send you will be so good. One of our investigators who came to sacrament meeting was a large 70 year old black lady. I will say that she added quite a bit of soul to our meeting. Infact during testimoney meeting everytime anyone would say amen she would stand up and do a little dance and jig. I enjoyed it, but I am not sure that anyone else did. She also told all the babbies in sacrament meeting to stop crying. She really didn't like the meeting until I started talking to another large old southern lady. We talked about fried chicken and then Lucille jumped in our conversation and they became the best of friends. I am quite excited about this. It puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart.
-----Original Message-----

No comments: