Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Monday, March 31, 2008

March 31, 2008

Greetings from Wilmington home of the brave and the drunk. This week
has been a very hard week for me to say the least. I have been very tired
and extremely sick. Elder Toolson and I have decided to try and run
every morning, but every time that I start running I begin to get sick.
Last night I got little if any sleep. This was in large part due to
the fact that the gay homosexual transvestite drug dealer who lives up
stairs was in the middle of a large drug deal. Many of his friends were
outside cursing and what not.
Monday night was very odd to say the least. Once me and elder
Toolson arrived home and started preparing for bed we heard a loud explosion.
We ran outside and we saw that the building across the street was on
fire. From what I can gather the fire was either an accident or an act
of violence. Luckily no one was hurt, but for a while a women was
trapped inside the house. I was pretty amazed.
We are teaching an 86 year old lady by the name of Dorris Daniels.
She is the craziest and funniest old lady in the world. She calls us her
boyfriends. She is in love Chuck Norris and that’s all she talks about.
Dorris is really slow but keeps all of her commitments and both Elder
Toolson and I believe that she will eventually get baptized. The second
meeting we had with her she told us that she wanted to change her live
and she knew that the Book of Mormon was true, but she also told us
that it would be a long time and one that would take a lot of patience.
Both Elder Toolson and I are finding enjoyment and happiness in her
smallest achievements.
This week we stumbled across a girl who was balling. We asked what the
matter was and she said that her brother had just been shot and killed.
It is amazing for me to see the depression and sorrow that is the
everyday life for the people that I try to serve. It is amazing to see how
people here believe that their lives are normal. Shootings, drugs,
rapes, and fathers abandoning their families seems like it is just another
part of life.

No comments: