Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Monday, May 12, 2008

May 12, 2008

Greetings from WIlmington "where theres a store on every corner and a graveyard on every street." I appreciate your response to last letter and I am happy to say that me and Elder Witt are getting along great. He reminds me of my favorite cousin. We have alot of fun as well as accomplish a great amount of good. I also enjoyed your article in the Sickle thruster this week. I remember comming on the mission and seeing all these missionaries who were exactly alike. who all spoke the same way and believed the same thing and obeyed the same rules. I promised myself that I would never "drink the Koolaid." As I have matured as both a man and a missionary I have come to the conclusion that every individual subscribes to a doctrine that others believe in. In some way we all drink someone elses koolaide. In some form we are all acted upon. However, it is our choice of whose koolaide we will drink. I have come to the conclusion that I want to live my life in accordance to what the gospel of Jesus Christ teaches. I have made the choice to drink the Kool Aid of missionary work.

No comments: