Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Monday, May 5, 2008

April 28, 2008

Greetings from Wilmington "where the most common profession is
collecting cans off the street." My newest companion is.... Elder Toolson.
However, transfers occurred this week and two other missionaries will be
assigned me in my area. So in other words I will be in a missionary three
some. As for Elder Toolson, he will be headed off to be an Assitant to
the President. I guess his lattest program "Inflect" has really caught
the attention of Salt Lake and will be instituted in every ward and
mission in the world. My guess is that he will be headed on a plane
flight to salt lake before the next transfer is over to perform a tutorial
on his newest product.
My first baptism will be held this week. Nina Martinez has shaped up
and on Saturday is planning to be baptized. I am quite excited for this
event. She is only elveen years old, but she is so smart. It took a
while for her to believe, but now she does and I am glad that this is so.

We had three investigators come to church on Sunday and another three
less active members. I am quite excited and am looking foreward to the
future. It was a better week than last to say the least.
On Saturday Elder Toolson and I had just gotten out of our lesson with
one of our best investigators when we heard a "hey yall!" Our heads
turned and we saw a car quickly pass by us. The driver stopped and poked
her head out of the car window. It was one of our former investigators
Ranisha. She is a very proud, spiritual, and large black women. I ran
up to her and began to talk to her. I quickly switched the topic to one
that was gospel related and then set a date to meet with her. It was a
wonderful conversation until I looked down and realized that she had no
pants or underwear on. I Stopped what I was saying mid sentence turned
my back and walked away. I experienced a great deal or physical,
mental, and emmotional trama. I went blind until I woke up today. I reallly
am traumatized.
Well that is about all that occured this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Wow. As wierd an expeirience as that must have been, it does bring back memories of the mission. ones that I will never forget. though sometimes I wish I could... still funny though