Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Monday, May 26, 2008

May 26, 2008

Greetings from Wilmington "Zion". So the Pax factor is home and it sounds like he has been thoroughly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am trying my hardest to get there but its a little bit more difficult than I had previously imagined. I really want to learn the idea of selfless service, but my prayers for the most part, remain selfish. Maybe in two years I will have the charity that Jeff has and cry at my homecomming. Well it has been a pretty standard week in the mission field. We talked to a bunch of drunk people, saw a few drug dealers, said hello to Chantel Newman and tried to solve her baby momma drama, and then eat some delicious food at sister Eubanks home (the recovering addict who has replaced drugs with the gospel and good cooking). This week Sister Eubanks cooked us some pasta. While preparing It I noticed that every can of tomato soup was expired and bulging. However, it was indeed the greatest pasta I have ever tasted. We also had an active member lesson with Aja Redmond, a single mother who faithfully attends church. It was a very spiritual lesson, however, Aja's three children Justice, Sypher, and Reality were consistantly disturbing our lesson. I think that I will have Aja name my children I love her style. People name there children after the weirdest things here. I think the weirdest name i've heard out hear was "Queen Nigerria." Today was the annual ward picnic at Fox point, which is a park right on the delaware river. Its a beautiful park surrounded by the scenic Dupont chemical plant. The water was a increadible merky emeral color from all of the chemicals that are dumped in the river. Well I have to go we are eating at the Olive Garden today before district meeting and I don't want to be late. Tell Ian that I will reply to him if he gives me his address so I can send a letter. Also ask if the Gimps can do a religious CD so I can hear how my boy is doing. I dont have many CD's and the ones that I have I have listened to a thousand times so if anyone wants to donate CD's to me I would be more than happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rom, your e-mails are sooooo well written!!! I am very impressed with your writing style, which I believe you get from "your mama, Child"!!! I LOVE the names of Aja's kids--they got funnier as I read them! Justice, Sypher and...I cannot remember the other one but it was GREAT! Yep, I definitely think you should let her name your kids. What the heck is up the creative names? And the beautiful chemical plant? Is there anything GOOD about Wilmington??? Your weekly "Greetings from Wilimington, where..." are priceless! Keep 'em comin'! Lucky misses you. He's cried himself to sleep several times and works himself into such a tizzy that he's now barfed on your mattress six times!! JK! Nancy Lucas (who else would write to you about barf???)

Anonymous said...

Dude, did you not receive all those CDs your mama made me mail to you? That was like 2 weeks ago! I hope you received them. I sent them in two separate envelopes. Hopefully someone didn't jack them at the post office. They probably thought they were some Tu Pak cds (I'm so white, I can't even spell Tu Pak!!!) Also, what's the DMACK and the Spongebob? Sounds interesting! You are learning lots of cool things. I think you peeps in the Evans family are a magnet for strange things happening to you! You and your mom have the weirdest things happen to you! Have a good week, Rominator! Nancy