Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 17, 2008

Dear Family, 
  Greetings from Wilmington, "Where the skies are blue, the trees are green, and the people smoke rocks." On saturday night we ate dinner over at the Raymond's (an eighty year old couple from the deep south whose still hold strong to their  racist conferederate views of society. We ate an excellent home cooked meal of pot roast and potatoes. We then shared a lesson with them about how they can invite others to come to christ. They then said that they once invited a black family to church and had told them not to worry because the mormon church wasn't racist and that there were many of their kind there. Surprisingly the family never showed up to church. I thought it was quite funny and told them to keep on proclaiming the gospel. 
  After the meal and a few more racist comments the Raymonds dropped us back off at our home. We noticed that all the lights in our apartment were on which was a surprise to us because we had made sure that we turned all of the lights off. When we opened the door we saw that our house had been turned upside down. We went into our room and our air conditioning unit had been stolen. After further investigation we noticed that our bikes were missing. Luckly our IPODS and cameras were still intact. its my hypothisis that the three nephites protected our important belongings. It appears that brother Gregg has gotten the last laugh after all. I guess I should have given him some water and a sandwich after all. 
The rest of my week was pretty uneventfull so thats all I have to share. Happy six month mark to me by the way. Thank you family for all your letters. That picture of Katlyn Nelson is awesome. Unfortunately I might have to throw it away because it gets me distracted. I cannot believe the change that has occured within me. Six months ago all I thought about was how was I going to be able to endure these next two years. I thought to myself how much I was going to miss out on. Now I think to myself I would have missed out on so much if I would have not gone on a mission. I probably would be doing the same exact thing that I had been doing all of my life. I am pretty distraught about missing Batman the Dark Knight though. Vincent and Garret you are going to have to do something in memory of me before you watch the movie.    
Dad I never got the note but I am glad to hear that all is going well. Keep trying to send me stuff from the black berry. I am going to have to get one when I get home. I would like to hear about the Palmers also. I am very interested. Mom I am praying for you and everyone that is in the ward. Brad invite your friends to YM activities. It will make it a little bit more enjoyable and you can be doing missionary work at the same time.

No comments: