Romney In Wilminnton DE

Romney In Wilminnton DE

Saturday, July 5, 2008

June 30, 2008

Dear Family, Greetings from Wilmington "Where the summers a hot and humid and the people are naked and sweety." It is amazing to see how many naked people open their doors here in Wilmington. They usually realize that they are naked after the open the door and quickly jump behind the door for cover. Not alot of people have airconditioning here so I can't blame them for being in their birthday attire. This week was an interesting one to say the least. On Tuesday we had an amazing day. For the first time on my mission everything went according to schedule. We taught eight lessons. Everyone held their appointment. Once I got into the apartment we quickly planned, brush our teeth, got ready for bed and turned off the lights. For about an hour I marveled at how perfect my day was. I was so grateful for all that I had been blessed with. I slowly began to fall asleep. At the very moment that I fell asleep I was awoken to the sound of some shouting and wrestling. I heard a loud crash. I quickly ran and turned on the light. Once the light turned on I noticed something very different about the room. There was an ornament sticking out from the side of the window that we had never seen before. After I came to my senses a little bit more I realized that what I saw was a large arm that had punched through the side part of our airconditioner. It was swaying back and forth attempting to grasp unto elder witts feet. The arm retreated from the window back to the outside of the apartment. A few seconds later I heard a knock at the front door. I ran to the front door and looked into the peep hole. I looked outside to see a larger than average black fellow standing outside. I asked who it was. the strange fellow standing outside replied "brother Gregg" with a slurred and intoxicated voice. Quickly I asked "what do you want." The man replied, "I was wondering if you had any water or maybe some bread." Not knowing what to say I replied "what time is it?" He said "about ten o'clock." I looked at the nearest alarm clock and saw that it was now elveen thirty at night. I then stated "No we dont have anywater." the man then apologized for breaking the side of our airconditioner and then wandered off never to be heard from again. Well that is about all that hapened this week. I hope you all have a wonderfull week and I can't wait to recieve your emails next week. I am glad to hear that the trip to albaquere new mexico went well. I hope that brad will go with you next time. P day is changing from a Monday to a Thursday and as a result you will not hear from me until next Thursday. I am quite excited about the change. Bye the way hows my dog Lucky? I miss that well behave animal. I suppose that I took him for grantide. Everytime I walk into a house with an animal present there is urine stains on the couch and carpet and hair everywhere. Thankfully Lucky lacks those two unlikeable qualities. Reid the last email you sent me about KG looking like the missing link and Paul Pierce looking like a cracked out hobo made me laugh for a week straight. "Finding Faith in Jack Sparrow" was one of the funniest things I have ever heard in my life. Maybe Joe will come out with another movie five years from now called "Jack Sparrow, prophet of the Black Pearl." I am really getting sick of all of the church movies especially finding faith in christ and the testaments. My companion is in love with those movies so everytime he can he incorporates them into the lesson. They are really bad. I was thinking about that wager of a lifetime supply of chicken tacos and I have decided that I will take it once I get back from the mission. That my friend is financial stability for the rest of my life. I am glad to hear that the singles ward is doing the same. Vincent my friend. I really hope that you are enjoying life. I am so glad that you get to yell at the first year caddets. It seemed like just yesterday I got a letter from you saying how much you hated life. I am also glad that you enjoyed Spain. I wish you would have come home with a Spanish Chica, however. If only you spoke Spanish as well as I did. I have decided that my mission and your military experience are almost the same things. They are hard. They take alot of your time. They make you obey rules that honastly are arbitrary. But you learn so many important lessons. Mia Thank Jamison for the package he sent me. I'd like to know how he's doing each week. Mom if you could foreward his message to me each week I would be much abliged. Has Johnny left yet? You should get a chain email of all the missionary boys from Redlands together. -----

No comments: